The ongoing COVID-19 has disrupted the education of school children in unprecedented ways. Those with resources have moved to online classes. However, many poor students have no means of accessing resources online during this lockdown. This is a digital divide that we need to bridge.
Residents and Homeowners of our township have always been generous in helping the neighbourhood. We now wish to coordinate and facilitate all our homeowners and residents to contribute by donating various school and school children related resources that can be distributed to the neighbouring villages.
We will undertake this exercise village by village to ensure that we focus on one area lest our efforts are diluted.
Interested homeowners and residents may contact us by phone, email or through our whatsapp group.
Three repeat petitions (5th round) were presented to the Offices of the Project Director, District Rural Development Agency and the Special Officer/Block Development Officer of Cuddalore District towards:
- Initiate Mutation of Patta by Tashildar for change in ownership in Revenue Records (Patta) in favour of the Government, for the roads and open space reservation areas donated to the Panchayat by the Township Developers.
- Second step - Take over of the Roads (and common areas) of the Township by the Panchayat and classify the roads as Panchayat Roads.
- Assess, Levy and Collect Panchayat House Taxes, now that the layout is in principle approved by the DTCP.
The Petitions have been accepted and files initiated. This will take some time, but the process is now, ON.
An Association Team of five office bearers and members met the Additional Collector cum Project Director, District Rural Development Agency, Cuddalore - Shri. Raja Gopal Sunkara IAS and presented a petition for various reliefs.
The Project Director, DRDA explained that the Government will first have to take over the donated Roads and Common Areas first before any Road related projects can be considered.
As per his advice, separate petitions will be filed during our next meeting.
Office Bearers of the Anugraha Satellite Township met with the District Collector, Thiru Anbuselvan V, IAS.
A Petition requesting for reliefs for the following was handed over:
- Assessment, Levy and Collection of House Tax for all houses in the Township
- Sewage Treatment Plant's Electricity Bill Security Deposit demand by the Electricity Board (TANGEDCO) to be waived off
- Township's Roads to be repaired urgently.
The Collector heard us patiently and promised to talk to the Assistant Director of Panchayat for follow up on our requests.